If you’re starting a company, chances are you build a product. Almost every failed startup has a product. What failed startups don’t have is enough customers. Today, The biggest challenging fact for tech product startup is that no matter how innovative your product is if your customers are not aware of your startup, it is of no use. However, marketing your product is the best way to get enough traction for your product.
Though you don’t get overnight success, the good news is that most tech product startup has been sharing the same place as you. So, before you set about getting traction, you should define what traction means for your company. You have to set a traction goal. At the earliest stage, traction goal can be of raising the fund or becoming a profitable company. You may need to figure out what this goal means to you in terms of numbers. How many customers do you need to grow your tech product audience?
Create a well-focused traction strategy on the moving needle of your traction goal. So, here are some of the most popular marketing strategies that result in a significant impact on your traction goal for your technology-related product.
Investing in high-value online business blogs
Blogs are still one of the most under-exploited traffic streams. A blog for tech products is not just increasing organic traffic but also an important content marketing (paid traffic) strategies. Following are some of the reason why your tech product selling startup requires a blog:
- Content is an important part of building your brand
- Blogs can boost SEO a.k.a. delicious organic traffic
- High-value content placement shows you as an expert in your niche
- Utilize blogs to attract new potential techies to your store and then remarket that traffic with Facebook and Google campaigns.
- So, a blog builds the basis of your content marketing strategy which can further help you in building trust, loyal brand followers and traffic streams by simply offering value. Choose the blog topics that your target shopper is interested in. Rather than a sales pitch, it should be a gift buying guide to your customers.
- Make sure that the content format is specifically reader-oriented and can include how-tos, eBooks, videos, user guides and many more.
Put big efforts into growing your list
Not so surprising, PPC isn’t the only one remarketing tool. You can drive more traffic for your online tech product selling company by building a comprehensive email marketing strategy to grow your social followers.
In 2020, you should focus on building a list over multiple media and platforms to interact with your customers, prospects and leads in whichever way they prefer.
This simply could be:
- Whatsapp Broadcast lists
- Building a list on FB Messanger
- Creating an email list
The most important part lies in growing your email list. Email marketing and social sharing not only bring repeat traffic but it ultimately means more sales. An email marketing survey of 74 companies found out that $1 spending on every email, they got an average return on investment is $50. And, that’s only with email, you can also build and grow your list on different platforms as well.
Some of the merchants in the market are already generating $50k in profit per email campaign since they set a budget and put efforts into it by not only creating attractive campaigns but also grow their databases.
So many tech-product selling websites have already got initial traction by partnering with other high profile brands. It’s a quite simple strategy to get your store/website in front of the customers that another brand already has.
Generally, there are four types of partnerships:
- Integration: This is nice when your products work perfectly with another product to enhance its usage or features.
- Syndication: You can opt for it by teaming up with another brand and expose each other’s products to the audience. Kayak accomplished this with AOL in 2004.
- Referral: It can be either reseller or affiliate programs. Recently Dropbox has one the most popular referral program where they give 500MB of space for both the recipient and sender.
Drive Excitement with Contests and Giveaways
You may find some methods like a long term solution for increasing your traffic, you can also opt for different ways to allow your business to boost in numbers too.
With giveaways and contests, you can easily gain more traffic to your tech-product selling store by simply giving attractive prizes in return for your customer’s participation. Prizes are a great way of getting both new and current customer to truly visit your brand.
Tools like Woobox or Gleam can help you in embedding giveaways into landing pages or blog posts on your online store. Once participants visit your store, you can try various strategies to guide them to your products such as popups featuring coupon codes.
Link to your site from your social bios
In case, if don’t get time to execute any of the above-mentioned tactics, then you can simply do this one, as:
- It can save your time
- It’s a low-budget tactic
Today, every website and store has a presence on a huge number of sites across the web:
- YouTube accounts
- Review sites
- Social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and many more
You can always add a link to your store on these platforms and get the advantage of driving huge traffic back to your tech-product store.
- On Twitter, you can add links in your profile bio
- On Instagram, you can also add links to your bio
Note that Instagram bio links are the only place on Instagram where you can add a clickable link.
On Facebook, you can include so many links to your page:
- A link in your “About Us” section
- A call-to-action link
First, you can include a good call-to-action button to the top of your product page. This button should be featured eye-catching at the top of your Facebook page. Following are the steps to create/edit your button:
- Go to your Facebook Page
- Click and add a button below your FB online page’s cover photo (or shop now button)
- Choose a button from the menu and add your required information
- Include the URL you want to direct your customer to and click “save”
Secondly, you can put a link to your “About us” section. This will be shown on the sidebar of your FB page and the “About Us” tab on your FB page.
Get more traffic, Get more customers
Traffic is the best inspiration for any company selling online some innovative products in the tech niche. But, with these strategies in your marketing toolkit, you can easily be able to generate more website traffic and fulfill your traction goals.
Simply increase your sales and traffic by focusing on attracting more people to your brand.
More traffic = more sales!
Here’s what you can take away from this article:
- Blogging is important to pull traffic and connect with your audience
- Build your targeted customer list and grow your list continuously
- Partner up with high-profile brands to get your product in front of your audience
- Boost your numbers by organizing attractive contests and giveaways
- Put a clickable homepage link on your social media bio section
Now, give a thought on your traction goal and start trying various strategies to meet your goals. If you’ve found a strategy that works best for you, please let us know. We’d love to know your thoughts.