Once your customer places an order, you need to ship it. This process is referred to in Builderfly as order fulfillment. There are a few things that you need to do to make sure that your orders are processed and fulfilled correctly.
Check out more,
- Fulfilling orders manually
- Fulfill part of an order manually
- Cancel a fulfillment
- Fulfillment through a third-party service
Fulfill complete orders manually
You can set up your order fulfillment preferences when you configure your Checkout settings. Manually fulfilling orders might be the best order fulfillment method if one of the following situations applies to your business:
- have products available for pre-order
- sometimes run out of stock
- make products to order
- want to be able to easily offer your customers partial fulfillment without having to issue a refund.
Fulfill part of an order manually
If your customer has placed and paid for an order of multiple products, and one or more of the products are out of stock or a pre-order, then you may require to fulfill only part of the order so that you can ship its contents separately.
- From your Builderfly admin, go to Orders.
- Click the number of an unfulfilled order.
- To buy a shipping label for your order, select Create shipping label in the Unfulfilled section.
- On the Fulfillment page, change the number of products that you want to fulfill for each line item in the Items section.
- Select the shipping method in the Shipping service section.
- If you wish to send a notification email to the customer right away, then select Send shipment details to your customer now.
- Click Buy shipping label.
Cancel a fulfillment
- From your admin, go to Orders.
- From the Orders page, click the number of an order in the list that has a Fulfillment status of Fulfilled.
- In the Fulfillments section, click More, and then click Cancel fulfillment: Once you
- cancel a fulfillment, you can purchase a new shipping label or create a new fulfillment for that order.
Fulfillment through a third-party service
Third-party services fulfill orders in many different ways:
- Print-on-demand apps – Most print-on-demand apps automatically mark the items as fulfilled on your behalf when the order is shipped.