This checklist shows the main steps require to start shipping products from your store. Complete the below tasks:
- Set up your shipping rates & methods
- Add product weights
- Choose your preferred package type
- Print a test shipping label
Set up your shipping rates and methods
For deciding what to charge buyers for shipping, you have to consider the following options:
- Exact shipping costs: Charge buyers the same thing that carriers like USPS or Canada Post charge to ship.
- Flat rate shipping: Charge fixed shipping rates based on order value or weight.
- Free shipping: Offer free shipping on all orders or set free shipping rules.
Add product weights
Shipping costs are calculated based on the weight and dimensions of your shipment. To calculate exact shipping costs, add weights to all of the products that you will be shipping. If you’re not sure how much your products weigh, then learn about common product weights or order a scale.
Choose your preferred package types
Save your preferred package types on the shipping settings page of your Builderfly admin. You can select envelopes, boxes, or carrier-specific packaging like USPS Flat Rate packaging.
Print a test shipping label
If a customer pays for shipping, whether for the exact cost or flat rate, then you will receive the payment along with the rest of the funds for their order. When you print shipping labels through Builderfly, you will be charged the cost of the label on your Builderfly bill. When you receive an order you can buy and print UPS, DHL Express, USPS, and Canada Post shipping labels from Builderfly to ship your order.