When a customer buys something from your online store or any other sales channel, it appears as a new order in the Orders page of Builderfly.
Check out more,
- What happens when you receive an online order
- Typical processing flow for online orders
- Automate your order processing
What happens when you receive an online order
When you receive an online order:
- You receive a new order notification by email.
- The Orders page shows the new order.
- The customer receives an order confirmation email. ◦ Order processing begins.
Typical processing flow for online orders
Every online order goes through 3 stages. At each stage, a different action is required in Builderfly. You can set up Builderfly to perform these actions automatically, or you can do them manually:
| Order state || What you need to do |
|Order has been placed.||Capture payment.|
|Order has been paid.||Fulfill the order.|
|Order has been fulfilled and paid.||Archive the order.|
Automate your order processing
If you are selling digital products or using a fulfillment service, then you might want to automate your order processing by turning on the following automations:
- Automatic order fulfillment, so that your fulfillment service is notified
- Automatic payment capture, so that your payments are captured at the time of the order.
- Automatic order archiving, so that your order’s status is set to close.